Dear Friends and Neighbors:
Get ready for Valentine’s Day this Sunday at the Dorchester Winter Farmers’ Market––noon-3 pm at the Codman Square Great Hall (Corner of Washington St. and Talbot Ave.)
Please continue to spread the word that SNAP participants can use EBT cards at the Winter Farmers’ Market, and will get HALF OFF through the
Boston Bounty Bucks Program (Get $20 of food for only $10)
February 12th: Healthy Hearts & Happy Hearts
- The Healthworks at Codman team will be staffing the market, and trainers will be on stage to demonstrate simple exercise routines to keep you fit. Learn about fitness and wellness programs and membership opportunities at Healthworks at Codman: Community Fitness for Women & Children.
- We have all the fixings for making Valentines—bring the kids to our arts and crafts table!
- Equal Exchange Minis and Chocolate Rum Cakes from Good Measure Bakery for the Chocolate lovers in your life
- Free Book swap continues—due to popular demand!
Proofed Artisan and Traditional Bread
Good Measure Bakery
Amanda Montague: Jewelry
Make Valentines for your friends and families–we have the materials, you bring the message.
1-3pm: Complimentary 10 minute chair massage by Heart of Boston Massage (here is your chance to get rid of the Post-Superbowl tension!)
What’s Going on in Dorchester:
Learn more about the Initiative to build a new Food Coop in Dorchester. Come by theDorchester Community Food Coop table to get information and buy a Winter Farmers Market T-shirt.
Get information on community garden plots now available in Dorchester
Check out the Dorchester Winter Farmers Market Facebook Page for the latest news and great pictures of the market!
The Dorchester Winter Farmers Market is a project of the Dorchester Community Food Coop. Thanks to volunteers from the Bowdoin Street Health Center and the Food in the Hood Committee for staffing the market last week. Thanks also to Bethel Steele for her beautiful music, and Marie Owens of Heart of Boston Massage for relaxing us before the big game. Many thanks to the hundreds of supporters who have volunteered time and donated resources to make the market possible. Please join us in giving thanks to the growing number of local organizations and businesses who have provided funding and in-kind support for the Winter Farmers’ Market:
- The Boston Foundation
- Sustainability Guild International
- Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness (for support of the Bounty Bucks program)
- Codman Square Health Center
- Carney Hospital
- Codman Academy Charter Public School
- Codman Square Neighborhood Council and the B.O.L.D. Teens
- Boston Natural Areas Network
- Ashmont Grill
- Eastern Bank
- Shawmut Design and Construction
- Expressway Toyota
To volunteer at future markets, contact Sarah Cadorette email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing all of you at the Market!
The Dorchester Winter Farmers’ Market Team