Dear Friends and Neighbors:
We are continuing to create great community space and farm fresh local food access for residents of Dorchester and the surrounding communities at the Dorchester Winter Farmers’ Market, Sundays 12-3pm at the Great Hall at Codman Square (corner of Washington St. and Talbot Ave.) Please help us grow the Market; forward this email to your own friends and neighbors and post on your Facebook pages! We have plenty of food for all. To volunteer at the market, contact email@example.com
Here’s the line up for this coming Sunday!!
January 29 theme: DORCHESTER READS!
- “Bounty Books”: Free new children and teen books for families using EBT/WIC (donated by First Book) (no purchase necessary–just show your card to be eligible)
- Free book exchange for EVERYONE Donations of used books welcome! Swap your used books with your neighbors. Clean out your shelves and get some new great reads. All ages & genres of books welcome!
- Book Corner Codman Academy students will read to your kids while you shop!
- Codman Square Library Meet the children’s librarian. Sign up for a library card and find out about activities at the library
Proofed Artisan and Traditional Bread
Good Measure Bakery
Stir It Up Cuisine: Caribbean Pepper Jelly and Cheese Tortes
(Powisset Farm takes a break from the market this week–but will be back next week!)
Codman Crafter Joanne Winbush will return to the market selling jewelry
Gail’s Homemade Soaps
Face-painting for kids!
Students will read to kids on the stage while you shop
1-3pm: Complimentary 10 minute chair massage by Patricia
What’s Going on in Dorchester:
Learn more about the Initiative to build a new Food Coop in Dorchester. Come by theDorchester Community Food Coop table to get information, buy a Winter Farmers Market T-shirt, and enter a raffle to win a cookbook.
Please continue to spread the word that SNAP participants can use EBT cards at the Winter Farmers’ Market, and will get Boston Bounty Bucks to double the value of purchases!(Get $20 of food for only $10)
Check out the Dorchester Winter Farmers Market Facebook Page for the latest news and great pictures of the market!
After the Market:
Monday Night Wine Club at Ashmont Grill: A four course meal with wine pairings for a fixed price of $38. Throughout January, $5 of each meal will be donated to the Dorchester Community Food Co-op. This is the last night for the Wine Night Food Coop benefit! Owner/Chef Chris Douglass will be focusing the dinners on winter produce available at the Farmers’ Market. Reservations for Wine Club should be made by the Sunday or mid day Monday before each Monday night: 617-825-4300. Great fun to bring your friends!
The Dorchester Winter Farmers Market is a project of the Dorchester Community Food Coop. Thanks to our friends from SCI Dorchester for staffing our last market Many thanks to the hundreds of supporters who have volunteered time and donated resources to make the market possible. Please join us in giving thanks to the growing number of local organizations and businesses who have provided funding and in-kind support for the Winter Farmers’ Market:
- The Boston Foundation
- Sustainability Guild International
- Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness (for support of the Bounty Bucks program)
- Codman Square Health Center
- Carney Hospital
- Codman Academy Charter Public School
- Codman Square Neighborhood Council and the B.O.L.D. Teens
- Boston Natural Areas Network
- Ashmont Grill
- Eastern Bank
- Shawmut Design and Construction
- Expressway Toyota
To volunteer at future markets, contact Sarah Cadorette firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing all of you at the Market!
The Dorchester Winter Farmers’ Market Team