The Dorchester Community Food Co-op will be:
- A community- and worker-owned retail store that specializes in affordable fresh organic and conventional produce, a large bulk food section, and green household products.
- A dynamic center for healthy eating and sustainable living that reflects the unique strengths and cultures of Dorchester.
- A space for education and cultural activities.
- A business that provides job opportunities for community residents.
- A food hub, working with corner stores, farmers’ markets, and neighborhood health centers to provide greater local access to affordable healthy food.
- A model of beautiful green design and socially responsible business practices.